Our firm provides following tax services by a U.S. Certified Public Accountant:
- U.S. individual income tax return (Form 1040) preparation
- Tax consulting and planning
- Amending previously-filed tax returns and FBARs
- Filing delinquent tax forms
- ITIN application & passport certificate
- Streamline Foreign or Domestic Offshore Procedures
- Any other tax matters
The following is some examples to whom we can provide tax services:
- International assignees from the U.S to Japan/Japan to the U.S.
- Short-term business travelers between the U.S. and Japan
- U.S. citizens/ U.S. Greencard holders who need to file FBAR and/or Form 8938
- Japanese spouses of U.S. citizens
- U.S. citizens/ U.S. Greencard holders who need to mitigate/avoid double taxation by taking Foreign Tax Credit (Form 1116) and/or Foreign Earned Income Exclusion (Form 2555)
- Exchange students from the U.S.
- Those who invest on U.S. properties
- Those who receive rental income from U.S. real properties
Also, we provide tax return preparation services under Streamlined Foreign or Domestic Offshore Procedures, for those who have not disclosed foreign financial accounts, and/or have not reported income from the foreign accounts.
Our office is located in Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan. We provide all services in English and Japanese.
FBAR & Form 8938
A U.S. Person who owns foreign accounts or has signature authority is required to file FBAR to FinCEN by April 15. Effective July 1, 2013, e-filing of FBAR became mandatory. Failure to report may result in monetary penalty as well as criminal penalty. Click here for more information on FBAR filing requirement.
Similar to FBAR, foreign assets are also required to be disclosed on Form 8938, which is filed together with Form 1040 to the IRS. Failure to report may result in failure-to-file penalty, tax underpayment penalty as well as criminal penalty. Click here for more information on Form 8938 filing requirement.